Hello mom,
So I got a place here in the city! Is quite good, I should say. It is big and the rent is overrated, I agree! Still, my friend Eva is moving in with me so it is not going to be that hard. I have already told you that she is some serious Wall Street broker, which is perfect because the place is downtown. She does not seem to have any money problem. I mean, I believe we are going to work it out somehow.
Moreover, I am getting a promotion in the newspaper. Now, not only I am responsible for the distribution of the developing process but also in charge of the mailing in and out of my entire floor. Isn’t that great? I do not want to brag about it but there were rumors in my department that they might fire the sixth photographer. So maybe your son is going to be new person taking pictures on the streets! Would not that be great?
Anyway, theses are just plans. I cannot assure any of this. What I do know, is about my home sweet home, located on the corner of Belford and Grove Streets. As far as I can tell, it is a two-bedroom apartment with a huge living room and a kitchen without walls. Yes! Just the way I always want it. The only problem, and actually is not a problem, is that there is only one bathroom. However, I do not think that Eva is messy at all. At least I hope so, even because I first met her at Amma’s workshop last summer. She seems very calm. Let‘s just see how is going to start up.
I wish you could see the place. You were going to love it. I am sure. The living room’s walls are purple and have some candles decorations on. There is a huge balcony, where I can clearly see some apartments from across the street. With my lens is going to be fun spending some time trying to look around my neighbors. I bet the old owners here used to do it all the time.
My bedroom has green walls and it is big. Has a great window and view- I must enforce, next to the closet. Enough space for my crap! I already started to unpack all my stuffs. My second and last trip from Jersey went just fine. Finally got out of that state. Cheesy bastards! Something funny happened when I was placing my clothes, though. I found some black fur-lined handcuffs. I wonder who have to use it in there. I mean maybe is so not that funny. I should throw it away any time soon.
I run into the super, his name is Treeger by the way, when I was moving. He told me some creepy stories about the couple that used to live right here. Apparently, they moved out from the city and decided to head east to the suburbs. Is like the other way around from me, except that they are still in New York.
Treeger also warned me about my neighbor across the hall. He said that is some American-Italian soap opera actor that is quite nosey. I might knock on his door and ask for some advices. Or maybe I can bring him some of your delicious kind of lasagna that Nana taught you to do it. With some extra layers of cheese and meat, I doubt that some Sicilian blood is going to reject it. Perhaps, someone to hang out with. It is a big city after all and my journey is finally beginning. I should get going right now because there is some crazy blond and beautiful woman knocking on my door asking for her guitar I have no idea who she is.
Anyway, did I mention that the number of the apartment is twenty? I will call you as soon as I come back from this cozy cafe place downstairs. I am starting to like this wild neighborhood.
Miss you! Bernardo Maia
uma batalha constante
Sunday, January 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Me
- Arthur Carvalho
- opinativo, reclamão, relaxado, fumante, irônico, sincero, emburrado, feliz.
No comments:
Post a Comment